hallway 8 * non dimable
Bathroom1 4 * non dimable
Bathroom2 4 * non dimable
Kitchen 8 dimable

I am looking at replacing these with GU10 LED "warm" feel lamps

Here are the questions:

1) are the Warm Led's as nice a feel as the regular GU10's
2) can i get warm feel dimable leds?
3) does anyone know where I can get good price for 24 led bulbs!!

Thanks

Comments

• Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Bought a load from Ebay. Delivered from Hong Kong but seem very good quality. The light is as bright as 50W GU10 in my opinion although I am not convinced that the range (i.e. the downward 'beam' is as wide).

Generally pretty pleased though.
  • thenudeone
    thenudeone Posts: 4,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I can't comment on warm white LEDs specifically, but here's an idea for a supplier: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=44339424&postcount=31
    We need the earth for food, water, and shelter.
    The earth needs us for nothing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the Earth
  • I've replaced a number of GU10 halogen bulbs with LED ones over the last few years, and there has been a considerable improvement in quality and light output. For the warm white LEDs I've found that you need to spend a little more to get quality ones - the last ones I bought were about £18 each, so not cheap. I've bought a lot recently from yourwelcome (can't put a link as only a new user, but is .co.uk), and they have good advice and information on the website. I've had the maxilux zenigata in a warm white colour - they have a frosted glass cover so you don't see the individual LEDs. Not equivalent to a 50W halogen bulb whatever anyone tells you, but we had so many downlighters in the kitchen, utility room and toilet that it didn't matter.

Not all are dimmable, it needs to say dimmable specifically in the product description - the ones I got weren't.

24 LEDs at £18 each is a big investment - best to speak to a few companies and see if you can buy one bulb to trial it. Particularly as quality varies significantly - I bought two expensive Philips LEDs at £35 each, but had to send them back as they hummed whilst on!
  • albyota
    albyota Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    I have been looking into getting GU10 LED's for a while, and yesterday I nipped into Homebase (not my normal type of place to visit...must have been coming down with something :eek:) anyway I saw some 6 Watt GU10 LED lamps for £9.99, I bought three, to test in a 'three lamp' fitting in the bathroom, and I've got to say, I am impressed, good light, (warm) (fairly wide spread), the acid test was Mrs albyota did not notice any difference, now I know I will never get my money back for the £30 quid outlay, but I had to test these for myself before looking at further purchase's for other fittings around the house.

I think, looking at the style / pattern / shape, I would say these are rebadged Philips lamps.
    There are three types of people in this world...those that can count ...and those that can't! ;)

* The Bitterness of Low Quality is Long Remembered after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten!
  • try w w w.yourwelcome.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport