Severe weather warning.

welda
welda Posts: 600 Forumite
I'm sure majority will have heard warning for tomorrow, stating from 3pm onwards, batten doon the hatches and, stow away any loose garden stuff and, if you do have to go out, make sure you have your name and address in at least one pocket!!!

Regards.................

Comments

• welda
    welda Posts: 600 Forumite
    Pretty grim out there, home early, classes told to go. Sitting here in dining room (where the stove is..........toasty) watching the window glass significantly bow with the huge gusts!!!!

Hope everyone else is safe and sound :beer:
  • davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hope everyone got through their day safely,winds easing down here so hopefully thats it done with.
  • alyth
    alyth Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    my power went off at 3.30 and SSE finally got it back on at 9.20 tonight - it's been hell - I live on a rural estate and thankfully have a coal fire, I've slept on the sofa, survived on breakfast bars and bananas and burst into tears when the lights finally came back on! Never underestimate the pleasure one can get in just switching on a light!

From what I can gather no one has been killed, which is a miracle, I know facebook et al are sort of taking the mick out of the storm, but I was terribly scared up here last night, and then trying to keep myself and my cottage warm today has been tough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure