PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Asda frying chips

Hope this is the right thread. I must have had a blonde moment and in error bought the wrong thing! Can I cook frying chips in the oven or can they only be done in the in the frier? I don't want to have to throw them out but really prefer oven chips. They are crinkle cut and seem to have some sort of glaze if this makes any difference. Thanks:D

Comments

• meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    I dont know why chips are sold as oven or fry! I have done fry chips in the oven before and they were fine! I personally prefer homemade chips done in the deep fryer - but keep frozen chips in for those that prefer them! give it a go - they make take a little longer or less time than 'oven' chips - but I cannot see that they would not actually COOK in the oven!
  • babyshoes
    babyshoes Posts: 1,771
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I think the oven ones have more fat coated on the outside of them - if yours seem a little dry, then I am sure a spray of oil would be enough to cook them in the oven.
    Trust me - I'm NOT a doctor!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport