Internet shopping, Problem with card refund

Options
Hi Im not sure if I have posted in the right place. I ordered a pair of trousers online and recieved an email saying they were out of stock, had been taken off the site and would I like to buy another item or have a card refund.
I emailed requesting another size and said if they couldnt supply it I would like a card refund - I didnt hear anything (this was on the 24th.Nov) so I emailed again on the 26th of Nov asking what had happened and the company said that they had refunded my card on the 25th of November - I understand refunds can take a few days but it is now wednesday and i still havent recieved the money in my account - Im really panicking - is it normal to take this long - I have never ordered off this company before - my partner had asked for a pair of trousers as a christmas present and when they emailed back saying they had removed the item off there site and I checked and they hadn't I asked him if he had used this site before and he said no - Im really annoyed as I used my debit card (i dont have a credit card) , it was alot of money (£49 which is absoulutely ridiculous to pay for trousers) I should have checked out the site reviews fist (there are none) what can I do ?

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Give it a few more days.

Go to Burtons for the trousers, at least you'll know that they fit and they'll be a sight less than £49
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • NeverInDebt
    Options
    I would give it to end of the week normally takes a few days but maybe they a bit slow
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Options
    Try calling your bank, they'll be able to see it in the system before you can see it via your own online banking.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport