Valentines activities?

Options
I'm looking for inspiration on what to do on Valentine's Day.
My husband and I are both ill and can't do alot physically, also we have to be careful not to think too much because it does us in mentally too.
I've got him a few gifts from online (sweets, cuddly toy, a figurine that he collects) but I'm looking for an idea of something that we can do together on the day, nothing that's too exhausting but something meaningful would be nice.
Any ideas please?

Comments

• nickinoodle_2
    Options
    A nice drive out somewhere and take a picnic? Know it not really weather for sitting outside but you could eat it in your car, or maybe find a nice quite country pub for lunch/dinner? :confused:
  • ticklebunny
    Options
    Nice ideas but we can't go outside because our immune systems are rough and it'd be too tiring to have other people around us anyway.
  • nickinoodle_2
    Options
    Have a picnic on your lounge floor then :D :rotfl:
  • ticklebunny
    Options
    Hmmm. Maybe not on the floor (I don't think we'd get up again!) but a picnic might be the way to go. One to think about. :)
  • nickinoodle_2
    Options
    Plus can order all your food shopping online and have it delivered :)
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    How about getting the dvd of the first film you saw together (hopefully its not a horror movie). Perhaps a music cd a complation one from the year you got together?
  • Valentina2
    Options
    You could cook a special 3 course meal together, set the table nicely, have a bottle of wine, listen to some love songs....
  • ticklebunny
    Options
    Hooray, a plan is coming together :j
    We can have a picnic lunch and a nice rest in the afternoon with some music in the background.
    Cooking a meal together would be fun but we're not up to that (our family cook our meals for us) so we're going to have a Chinese in the evening for a treat, then we'll snuggle up and watch a DVD together.
    Thanks all :beer:
  • RoxsiScotland
    Options
    i hope you both have a lovely day :)
  • Saw23
    Saw23 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Aawww, ticklebunny, its seems a shame I didnt live near you or I would come cook you a lovely meal!! (I would wash up after as well!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure