Glasgow - Any recommended Santa's Grottos?

Hi there, this is my first post so it might go horribly wrong!

Has anyone got any recommendations for a good (cheapish!) Santa's Grotto in/near Glasgow? My wee boy's nursery is arranging a trip to Santa which is £15. I can't stretch to that but I'd like to be able to take him to something so that he's not missing out.

I know I'm a bit quick off the mark so maybe someone's got a suggestion from a previous year?

Here's hoping!

Dolly

Comments

• That seems a lot of money for a nursery to be charging for a Grotto visit. Infact, most nurseries have a christmas party and santa comes in to that - is your nursery not doing that?

I am not sure what side of glasgow you are on, but If you want to spend money and take him somewhere, a lot of people highly reccomend the Dobbies Garden World (one nearest us is just beyond SUmmerston but there are others).
    For £15 though, you could also go to a local panto for a morning show (e.g. Cumbernauld theatre - brilliant!), or have a trip - we have been to Santa's magical journey which gets you a trip of a fab miniature train and an amazing grotto - probably £20 for the 2 of you but much better value as its a whole afternoon out. I used to also take my weeones into george square to see the lights and have a shot of the carasoul, I think there is a santa there too.

Hope that gives you some ideas.
    Me debt free thanks to MSE :T
  • moi68
    moi68 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Hi we went to Caulder Garden Center in Kirkintilloch last year, you just gave them a donation and the kids got a tube of sweets off Santa, think it was only on at the weekends though
  • Thanks for your ideas, they sound much nicer (and much more achievable for us!) x
  • Lynn11
    Lynn11 Posts: 674 Forumite
    Not sure if too late for you as you may have already gotten ideas and went.

Again it depends on what side of glasgow you live. My DD is going to M&D's Winter Wonderland with her nursery and I believe that the cost to the general public is about £7-£8 where there is soft play, see santa and get a present and maybe a few more other things to occupy the kids.

We are aiming to take DD our family visit to santa at Gouldings which is a nursery by the Clyde Valley - pass the popinjay hotel and its on the opposite side from the popinjay. Its great and I would recommend. Kids pay £7 I think and adults maybe £5 - tractor ride through the barn with animals & scenes, visit santa & choose your present, then into a huge greenhouse where there are kids rides, boucy castle etc for kids andadults can sit at picnic tables for their tea/coffee & mince pie whilst kids play. I know its maybe a bit dear for you but great fun for them
    MFIT T2 Challenge - No 46
    Overpayments 2006-2009 = £11985; 2010 = £6170, 2011 = £5570, 2012 = £1290
  • Hi

Frasers in Glasgow city centre is the best I think and we've been to quite a few!...including those with the train ride n the Clyde valley, completely overpriced and why there is a need for adults to pay to go to see Santa I'll never know. Extortion maybe? Frasers is about £8 per child. Adults can go on the ride with the child first and it is all very magical. The toy is fairly average by age but from Hamleys. Staff are friendly even at 6 at night and Santa could be bothered to have a conversation and take a little time which is always nice. We'll be heading there again this year:rudolf::xmastree
    Best of luck
  • Rouken Glen garden centre usually have a good Santa's grotto
  • do you know if you can book Frasers? i looked online but no joy :(
  • Great interactive Santa's grotto in King Street in Kilmarnock - price is £6 and you can book your time through Centrestage Kilmarnock website
  • I would highly recommend Dobbies at Milngavie. Been quite a few times. Lovely set up and really nice Santa. Good quality gift too. You can also book online this year via Dobbies website which is great.
    Waddle you do eh?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport