Laptop Repairs - North Down/Greater Belfast

My Acer Aspire laptop has suffered water damage and, as a result, the keyboard no longer works. It powers up ok but won't access Windows 7.

I'd be very grateful for any recommendations on where I could take it for repair in North Down or greater Belfast. I'm reluctant to use some of the bigger retailers, as I could end up paying £50+ up front for them to tell me that the laptop is beyond repair.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Hi mate , i cant really help you with were to take it but when the same thing happened to my laptop i just ordered one of ebay for around £12 i think and replaced it myself.

Now i had never done a keyboard replacement before but i did find a video to help me replace it and it took around 10 minutes and wasnt really that difficult to be honest.

If you put your laptop make/model into ebay you will find a replacement and if you search on google you will get a step by step guide on how to install it.

Sorry i cant put any links in as i am a new user.

Other than that i hope you get someone who can help :)
  • Indo77
    Indo77 Posts: 181 Forumite
    Search for PC Mike Belfast on gumtree. Def the cheapest out there. Fixed my laptop for only £20 when the back of the screen busted. Another crowd were going to charge £45 just to look at it.

http://www2.gumtree.com/p/business-services/pc-mike-pc-and-laptop-belfast-repair-shop-max-charge-25-pounds-call-07552-909-505-5-star-promise-belfast/90824369
  • Thank you both for your replies. I'm in Belfast tomorrow, so I will try PC Mike. According to his website, he is now based in Templemore Ave.
  • Indo77 wrote: »
    Search for PC Mike Belfast on gumtree. Def the cheapest out there. Fixed my laptop for only £20 when the back of the screen busted. Another crowd were going to charge £45 just to look at it.

Cheers for the Link Indo, may come in handy :)
  • Benet
    Benet Posts: 284 Forumite
    Might be too late, but I've used Plain English Computer Services in Ards a couple of times and found them to be professional and affordable. Lovely people too.

http://www.pecsni.co.uk/
  • Milko
    Milko Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Benet wrote: »
    Might be too late, but I've used Plain English Computer Services in Ards a couple of times and found them to be professional and affordable. Lovely people too.

http://www.pecsni.co.uk/

Me too & highly recommended
  • cruesfan
    cruesfan Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I left my laptop with PC Mike on Tuesday afternoon.

He phoned on Wednesday morning to say that it needed a new keyboard - £15 on ebay and £10 for his time. He estimated next Mon or Tues for pick up as it might take some time for the key board to arrive from the ebay seller.

I was delighted to get a call this afternoon to say the keyboard had arrived sooner than expected and my laptop was ready for collection.

Have to say I have been more than impressed with the service and the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure