PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Mixed nut butter

Options
Just had to come and share this with you

We had a BIG bag of mixed fruit and nuts, but nobody liked the hazlenuts or the almonds, so I was left with a couple of big handfuls of each.
I whizzed them up in the processor with a couple of handfuls of cashew nuts I had lurking, a little bit of oil and a shake of salt. I skinned the almonds and hazlenuts, but I don't suppose you would have to do that.
The result was the most delicious nut butter we have ever tasted. Don't think I will ever have peanut butter again.
A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.

Comments

• Feisty_Fairy
    Options
    YUM, sounds delicous! Did you add the fruit too?
    Northern bird on the loose!

FORMER MEMBER OF THE 'I :heart2: MY CBFM' TEAM!!!!:D

Mum to 3 lovely boys, 12, almost 8 and baba born 5 weeks early on 12th May 2011:D
  • Jayar
    Jayar Posts: 735 Forumite
    Options
    Heeheehee, no, that sounds just a tad weird, but then again so does nut butter and banana sandwiches and, as we all know, they are delicious.
    A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
  • jennybb
    jennybb Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds delish - I have some reduced nuts from Mr Ts which I put in my HM granola, but may have to make some of this. I bought some "food doctor" nut butter last year (before MSE, might I add) and it was extortionate :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure