Anyone else been invited to Nectar Adpoints?

Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    P2TKL wrote: »
    Wonder how you managed to register today.....I got told they were full yesterday !

because I completed page 1 yesterday when I got the email, clicked on step 2 and it just kept freezing and not going anywhere. so I tried at different times to go past stage 1 to step 2, and then I got notification that my email address was already registered, but it would not let me go to step 2.

I emailed CS and received a standard reply that they would reply.

Tried again last night, got the message that it was all full.

Tried again this morning, and it let me go to step 2, so my email address must have been registered when it failed yesterday. I put in my email address and password and it let me complete step 2.
  • sugarsuze
    Options
    I am very wary of ADPOINTS security because I emailed them about the technical difficulties yesterday and received an email back from them showing hundreds of people's email addresses on it in the 'CC' box! Obviously hundreds of people experienced the same website problems and they have sent out a group email to everyone but disclosed personal email addresses on it. Not impressed!

However I did manage to get on the trial and have already racked up about 300 nectar points from watching the adverts. It is still problematic in that it logs me out after watching a few adverts and I have to keep logging back in.
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I joined, Just did my videos for the month, I hardly use my nectar card lol.

I just put the music channel on turn volume off and watch the blue bar, I did watch the ads but missed the question "are you still watching" so now just watch the blue bar and listen to music :)
    Jan Wins: .
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I joined, Just did my videos for the month, I hardly use my nectar card lol.

I just put the music channel on turn volume off and watch the blue bar, I did watch the ads but missed the question "are you still watching" so now just watch the blue bar and listen to music :)

:) Same! I was wondering if anyone else did this! Adverts wind me up no end as they are normally to loud and brassy for me, I also found that the ads I did watch resulted in me missing the "are you still watching?" question and so having to watch all over again! :mad:

Am up to 700 odd points in two days so far! It reads that you cannot get more then 850 points transfered to your account in any one month (until the 23rd of each month) so should be done in another day or so- can only take doing this an hour at a time!

Just wondered if anyone else did not get an email to click through after the initial email? I registered via the link they gave and that was that, no new link sent to me to click through, am wondering why I seem to be the only one...
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I never got a second email to click through. I tried to register with the original email and it took me until the second day to get registered.
  • gentleorange
    Options
    I have found that the ads that really interest me have to be watched again for me to notice the bars. They should consider transposing the text over the ad itself as it's hard to watch the bar unless you're only half watching the advert.
  • bluffer
    bluffer Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tried to sign up but it was overloaded then trial was full :(
    2023 wins - zilch, nada, big fat duck. quack quack,
  • MikeJW
    Options
    They should consider transposing the text over the ad itself as it's hard to watch the bar unless you're only half watching the advert.
    Yes, I found that too. My guess is that'll be something which will change very quickly once the advertisers realise the system is forcing people to watch something other than the ads.
  • Makeandsave
    Options
    MikeJW wrote: »
    Yes, I found that too. My guess is that'll be something which will change very quickly once the advertisers realise the system is forcing people to watch something other than the ads.

I only watch the blue bar now, Spoke to 3 other people and they do the same. Adpoints need to send a survey out and ask its members for its opinions, I would say a black box with "are you still watching if so click here" in the middle of the advert.
    Jan Wins: .
  • ItsAGas
    Options
    Nooo! I really need to be quicker.
    Thank you for your keen interest in joining the Adpoints trial. Unfortunately this fantastic new Nectar points-collecting opportunity has proved so popular that we have already reached the maximum number of registered members needed for the 3 month trial; we are sorry that we are therefore unable to register you for Adpoints today - but don't worry, its only for now, because… …if you can hold on for a little while, we would love to get you involved in the full launch of the Adpoints service coming to everyone in the UK in early 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure