Thank you gift for a dad-to-be - ideas?

We have been given a laptop by a friend after having had our stolen just before Christmas, we offered to pay for it, but he has insisted he didn't want anything for it. We would obviously still love to get him something, but are a bit lost as to what to get, so does anyone have any ideas?
A bit about him, he's in his early 30's, his wife is about to have their first child, he works with computers for a living and likes a drink or two (Guinness his fav tipple).
Any ideas??? :confused:
Thanks muchly

Comments

• chergar
    chergar Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would buy a baby gift. If they are friends that you talk to regularly you could find out if they need/want anything and offer to buy it for them.

When our friends do favours for us we always buy their kids something as usually the adult won't take anything. Sometimes we just buy a comic or sweets but the thought is always there.
  • use the laptop to make a voucher book... an hours ironing, a cooked meal, an evening babysitting etc for after they have the little one
  • I agree with beautiful ^^^

A booklet of *baysitting* vouchers, i so would have loved one of these after having my 3 children. Think it was about a year before we went out after our first.

Would have been worth it's wait in gold, to have a night off!
  • a tree in a pot to remember the pregnancy birth and subsequent growing up of the baby! we had one bought for us and sadly had to leave it at our old house when we sold it BUT we quite often take our strapping 13 yr old to see HIS tree now about 10 ft tall and wildly growing lol and we remember it being a tiny little shrub(its a bay tree and nobody told us they grow so fast lol when planted and not trimmed )
    :p dee mum of 3 "before you buy ...think,how many hours have i worked to pay for this?,do i need it? or can i get it r&r in tesco!! hee heee:A
  • thats a really nice idea Dee - Theres a tree in my grandmas garden that I planted as a seed - it's over 20 years old now and my son loves to play under it when we visit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure