Hall For A Party

Options
djtonyb
djtonyb Posts: 629 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Ladies (and Gents)

does anyone on here come from the Greenock/Gourock area that could recommend venue for my mum's 60th birthday party.

Everywhere we've tried will not accept kids (an he have quite a few in the family)

please :confused:
Fat and proud lol

Comments

• Kizzy001
    Kizzy001 Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    have you looked at your Local Authority web site? they normally give you a list of halls etc in the area.
  • mamamia
    mamamia Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Have you tried your local community centres and churches? Many of them do have halls you can hire for parties.
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm not in your area, but for my 30th I hired the local Conservative Club function room for a mere £80, and the bar was v cheap too.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Anyone got any help for this thread from the Celebrations Board :)
  • tootired_2
    Options
    Inverkip's a couple of miles down the road from Greenock/Gourock, they have the Chartroom/Kip Marina, it's very big and allows children, i don't know how expensive it is though.
    Do you have a rough number of people who would be going to it?
    The Firth Hotel in Gourock also allow kids, it's smaller than the chartroom and i don't know if they only allow kids up until a certain time of night.
    HTH
    If i can think of anymore i'll post them here.
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you doing your own catering/getting a caterer? Some Scout/Guide halls welcome outside lets, but do not have cooking facilities. They will have a kitchen so if you are bringing in food that would be ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure