Where's the best place to sell DVDs?

Options

Comments

• VintageToon
    VintageToon Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Try AVFORUMS.

Register on that & they have a classified section for sellers of DVDs, Blu Rays, Computer games etc.

You can also trade with each other too.

I often list my stuff on there. See what offers i get then whatever doesn't sell after a couple of weeks it goes on Ebay as joblots or to Music Magpie.
  • Xebnotlaw_2
    Xebnotlaw_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Glad I found this thread! I've been having such bad problems with so many companies that buy DVDs and CDs. I've tried Zapper, Music Magpie, Cash Buy AND Trade Your Stuff, but they all offer pittance, take ages to pay and just give me an awful headache.

I'm now trying a site I found called Whoopedoo (anyone heard of it?) as they've offered me the most for my DVDs so far, and I can't be bothered with the hassle of using eBay/Amazon when I get charged seller fees.
    I'll let you know how it goes!!
  • jellymum
    jellymum Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    BootSales are the best way to go.
  • TheUmpteenth
    Options
    ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT!!!

I've raised this one from the dead to ask it there's been a reverse-shopbot created for the musicmagpie sites?
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rates on Zappper or Magpie are are dire. Worth shopping around to see what they are selling on Amazon and EBay. Am selling my junk to Magpie and picked out items to sell separately on Amazon which will attract a better offer. Magpie offered me 20 pence for couple of items and sold both for 4 pound this weekend. Methinks these sites are not such a good deal.
  • TheUmpteenth
    Options
    Zuma, whoopeedo, music magpie, we buy DVDs, Cex. We put all the barcode numbers in a spreadsheet and compared the prices and sent off separate packages. If we'd gone to any one, it'd have been about 50 quid. Got about 100.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    New user who has signed up today, made a few random posts and is now spamming Zumu suggestions everywhere...!
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have reported that user :)
  • adzam016
    Options
    CEX generally offers more than music magpie etc.

Cash Generators' prices vary up and down but they offer a fixed rate regardless of the title. It is therefore better for anything that CEX offers a low price for.

Check Cash Gens' prices (call or in-store) and compare with the ones on the CEX website.

I maximize the amount of cash by doing it this way and have done several times!
  • dragonriding
    Options
    I find that selling DVD's is more hassle than it is worth, unless they are worth more than £1.00 i don't sell on Amazon and normally don't sell on eBay either as the fees make it not worth it....:( I use local Facebook selling sites for trying to offload and normally manage to sell a bundle for about £5.00.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure