🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Half price Jack Daniels/Rum & Coke

Options
Money Saving misers who have friends round for a drink will love the following tip:

Get an empty Jack Daniels bottle and fill it with cheapo £8 bourbon from Lidls or Aldi and serve it as the real thing. Your friends won't notice the difference allowing you to continue your penny pinching ways undetected.

Another money saving miser tip is to take a small bottle of cheapo rum with you when you go out to the pub. Money saving misers can then just order a Coke and slip in their own rum saving a hefty ransom in the process.

Comments

• aussielle
    Options
    Get an empty Jack Daniels bottle and fill it with cheapo £8 bourbon from Lidls or Aldi and serve it as the real thing.  Your friends won't notice the difference allowing you to continue your penny pinching ways undetected.

I'm afraid Aussie is sat here reading this and shaking his head big style............. says he'd definitely be able to tell! ;D ;D
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • VH
    VH Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    Ha Ha! What a great idea!

I drink lots of Jack Daniels so I would be able to tell the difference.

I have a friend who likes to drink Jack Daniels when she comes round to the house... but strangely she never brings her own!!! This will save me a few quid, I wonder if she will notice!!

Cheers
    V
  • cafenervosa_2
    Options
    Cool idea!
  • Scary_Fish
    Options
    i've often done the second on.....saves fortune...and no-one knows whyn you so trolleyed as they bought you coke!!
    Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.
  • Martinslovechild
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend extending this to other products, e.g. replacing empty cans of guinness with Aldi Stout.

Mmmm...
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport