🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Can you claim travel expenses for interviews when on job seekers allowance?

Options
2»

Comments

• Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LadyMissA wrote: »
    my job centre tell me I can not get funding for agencies

Not surprising, considering:
    richdeniro wrote: »
    out of the 20-30 agencies I've signed up at only a couple have kept in touch and found me interviews.

Many of them can, on occasion, be a waste of time for a dedicated jobseeker when they are just adding to their databases... :mad:
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes but you have to tell them in advance and they do not widely advertise this.

I had an interview 40 miles away and my adviser knew about it as we went though a better of at work calculation due to distance/petrol costs involved. After I attended the interview someone told me I could claim my expensives so I questioned my adviser and was told I could have done but had to fill out the form before hand, it was now too late. When I asked when she hadn't told me this as she knew I was going she said she wasn't allowed to tell people it is only available to those who know about it and that now I know I can claim next time!
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Chance of getting money from the Travel to Interview scheme is now nothing considering that government funding to that scheme has been stopped. There is an advisor dicretionary fund but that again is almost impossible to claim from. You must have zero money and no access to credit at all to have a slim chance of getting something.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport