Parcel the parcel gifts

Options
I need ideas for gifts and prizes for a 5 year olds birthday party the kids are all aged between 4-5.

I'm on a budget so as cheap as possible.

Comments

• gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    If it were me I would put a packet of mini buttons or sweeties in between the layers and then maybe a packet of colouring pens as the final pressie.
  • jamgirl
    jamgirl Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    i never used to put anything in between the layers

for final pressie i use small packets of felt tips, crayons, coloured pencils, sticker book, colouring book, bubbles, marbles, small pot play dough
  • morganb
    morganb Posts: 1,762 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am very mean ... I save the 'gifts' from Christmas crackers specially for Pass The Parcel.
    That's Numberwang!
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    Options
    I think it is good to have something between the layers to add to the excitement. Not all the layers have to be equal value though and I think it is kind of good if they're not, again it adds to the excitement because there's a "lucky dip" element. Maybe a few penny sweets or a lolly or even split a pack of dolly mix or smarties and wrap them up in a little packet that can go between layers of the main parcel so they don't fly out and end up on the floor when the kids are unwrapping. If you're worried about sugar overload you could use stickers, rubber balls, pencil erasers, balloons, pencil toppers, fortune teller fish. The kind of stuff you get in the pocket-money section of toy shops. You could also put forfeits in some of the layers instead of presents. Nothing mean, obviously, but things like "sing a nursery rhyme", "tell a joke", "see how long you can stand on one leg".

I think jamgirl's suggestions for the main prize are very good. Also it is worth a look in pound shops they often have a lot of toys that might be suitable. Don't worry too much about whether it is "good enough" the kids like feeling they've won something, they don't much mind what it is. Plus if you put a main present that is way better than the ones in the layers the other children are likely to get jealous.
  • Pollypocket_3
    Options
    Try Tescos - they have all the 1 pound bargains out at the moment - I got some pencil tins with pencils, ruler etc for a pound - they had both boys and girls designs.

I have stocked up ready for the many birthday party invites.:D
  • lizzie_dripping
    Options
    I put forfeits or tasks in between the layers as well! Sing a song, tell a joke, recite a nursery rhyme, do 5 star jumps etc.
  • play2day
    play2day Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    I wrap two pass the parcels with five layers each. The main prize would be perhaps a small stationary set. Between each layer a mini sweet pack. Then I sandwich another prize between the wrapped parcels and start again wrapping them together with another 5 layers spaced with a mini sweet. The kids are always really excited when the one parcel becomes two, especially as the parcels then pass in opposite directions......
    This way 3 kids get a 'big' prize and the rest should all get a smaller treat.
  • ebaybaby
    ebaybaby Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    I always put a pack of jelly sweets in each layer, that way everyone gets somthing, then a main prize which is somthing very inexpensive. Try the £ shop.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure