Using Tastecard with Tesco Clubcard Voucher

Options
Myself, my wife and my 16 year old son visited Pizza Express in Falmouth this week. When I booked the table I was careful to mention the Tastecard, and they said that was fine.
We also had a Tesco Clubcard Voucher that was due to expire. We have previously been to this branch and used a combination of a Tastecard for two of us and Tesco voucher for another two. This time however they refused and pointed us to the condition on the Tesco voucher stating that they could not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
My reading of this condition is that you couldn't use it to get a double discount, e.g. it would be unreasonable to halve the cost with the Tastecard and then pay that lower cost with a Tesco voucher.
I could not see how what we requested was different from us asking for two separate bills and using the Tastecard for one and the Tesco voucher for the other. The manager was called over and agreed with the waitress.

We are very frustrated, especially as we have done this before at this branch of Pizza Express when a different manager was on duty.

My wife emailed head office, but they just passed the email back to Falmouth, and we already knew their opinion!

I would be interested in hearing other peoples thoughts and experiences with this.

Regards
David
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family