Goldsmiths & Tesco Vouchers

Options
Hello All!

Don't forget for wedding bands, or even engagement rings - Tesco vouchers can be exchanged for FOUR times the value, for a limited time, then it'll go back to 3 times the value. So, i've swapped £17 of Tesco vouchers, for £70 of Goldsmith vouchers towards my wedding band. :j

Also, at the moment for a limited time you don't have to spend over £200.

I HEART saving money! :T

Alipops x

Comments

• sugarwalsh
    sugarwalsh Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much for this - I have just exchanged £67.50 for £270 worth of vouchers!! Hoorah, free wedding rings a-hoy.

Megan
    May GC - £100 per week
    Week 1 - £120/£100 :eek:, Week 2 £110/100:o, Week 3 £110/£100:mad:, Week 4 £50/100Week 5

DFW - March '13 - c/c £5600, April £4500, May £2500 :T
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 4 November 2011 at 9:28AM
    Options
    I'm so glad you mentioned this - I knew about and was planning to do this with my cc vouchers but hadn't realised there was a minimum spend required!! I need the vouchers to come through now so I can exchange them - then I can get fiance's ring free! Mine unfortunately has to be a particular (and fairly unusual) shape, so it's not a high street job...

Vicky
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• JOHN1982
    JOHN1982 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    alipops ... you better watch out, because if I find you, I WILL kiss you! Ha ha! :p

We were umm-ing and ahh-ing about exchanging our clubcard vouchers for Goldsmith ones a week or so back for 3X value ... so, so happy we didn't now! :money:

We've got a LOT of vouchers saved up, so this means a huge saving for us! Brilliant!
    "The most desirable trait of the internet is the ability to attribute quotes to anyone."
    - Winston Churchill
  • scorpiokitten
    Options
    We bought both our wedding rings from goldsmiths on the 4x and remember thinking what a shame they have dropped it to 3x as it is great for people on a budget per se...

But now it's back to 4x i'm soooo happy for you all!! Yay, go get em!!

My ring is platinum with channel princess diamonds and the fiance's a platinum band. Yes they are well over the odds of what they are worth, as with any high street jeweller, but hey, you can't complain when Mr T comes along to help you foot the bill! :D

(Mr T is also paying for our weddingmoon in Florida with virgin holiday vouchers too) wink wink ;)

xx
  • Ellie_B
    Ellie_B Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    We've got about £50 of tesco vouchers... so will be doing this, and saving ourselves £200 wooo!
    Married 23rd June 2012
    Trying to pay off some capital on our mortgage & save some pennies for our future
    Sealed pot challenges started 08/10/13!
    Sealed Pot #1434
    Virtual Sealed Pot #110
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    I'm so glad you mentioned this - I knew about and was planning to do this with my cc vouchers but hadn't realised there was a minimum spend required!! I need the vouchers to come through now so I can exchange them - then I can get fiance's ring free! Mine unfortunately has to be a particular (and fairly unusual) shape, so it's not a high street job...

Vicky

Mine is an unusual shape - we found that Goldsmiths were really helpful...they sold the shape I wanted in white gold, the staff advised me to look on their supplier website to see if it was made in 18ct yellow gold, then ordered it as a special order. It was exactly right, cost us £200 in Tesco vouchers and looks fab!!

Get to know the staff in your local store, tell them what you want, look at ALL the rings, not just the colour / metal you want and ask about special orders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure