Proposed feed in tariff cuts

I have seen far too many posts in forums on the internet with vague knowledge on the cuts.

As of today, yes the government has announced the proposed cut on the tariff rate for retrofit would be cut from 43.3p to 21p, taking effect on the 12th December.

What this means is that you would have untill this date to have an installation registered to benefit from the full 43.3p for 25 years. If you register after this date then you will be given 43.3p untill the review date on the 1st of April 2012 then drop down to the 21p from that period onwards.

If you are currently registered with your installation then you will continue to recieve the full tariff you were awarded at that time for the 25 years without this cut having an effect on you.

Yes from what the government has specified, this is going to have a huge effect on solar companys, alot of them already getting together redundency packages for thier staff.

MY THOUGHTS. I believe that yes the cut would have an effect on the market place within solar pv but only to 3rd party direct sales companys. Surely with the cost which middle sales companys add on top of the cost they pay for another company to install it will not work as it wont be as appealing, the stand alone companys surely will continue operating. From the manufacturers of solar pv to the companys buying and installing them, there would have to be slashed prices. If the average cost of a pv system was halved along with the tariff then you could find you would still be getting a good return on investment.

We will just have to see exactly what the outcome will be but nobody should worry untill the exact information from the government has been released.

Comments

• I have seen far too many posts in forums on the internet with vague knowledge on the cuts.

If you wish to debate perhaps you should post on one of the threads already in existence and point out the errors directly? As it happens, there are quite a few knowledgeable and articulate posters on MSE that have already ensured the facts are made clear and accessible to MSE forums readers.
    I don't know what your post hopes to achieve?
    3.9kWp solar PV installed 21 Sept 2011, due S and 42° roof.
    17,011kWh generated as at 30 September 2016 - system has now paid for itself. :beer:
  • Clearly, if you searched around you would find a mixture of dates for the fit being cut, some stating has been cut already, some not stating the correct amount it will be cut to and also stating the wrong date of ehich is for the proposed cuts. This post is clearly set out so that anyone unsure about what information is correct then it is clearly laid out here.

My statement about the wrong information on the cuts was in no way aime at mse but from wht i have seen as a whole.

If this post is not for you then please dont post any remarks regarding what i have supplied unless you have a comment on the subject
  • anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,276 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Clearly, you didn't bother searching here before posting. :D
  • Clearly i did but wanted to start a post with more up to date info and a fresh post
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure