Bailiff Letter for Previous Owner

I bought a repossession nearly a year ago. Judging by the post that I return to sender the previous owner owes money to various different people.

Returning from work I received throught the door a piece of A4 paper from Marston saying they'd come to collect money for an unpaid court fine belonging to the previous owner.

I rung them and explained the above that I own the house, no idea where the previous owner is but he doesn't live here and they said that's fine they will return the debt to Her Majesty's Court Services as its for an unpaid fine.

Since then I've received another piece of paper through the door from them saying that they will be back to recover their money. As its a court fine they can use a locksmith to gain entry to the property if I am not there and seize goods to recover the debt.

What I'm asking is how do I get them to leave me alone?
It's my house, I have no connection to the previous owner and no idea where he is.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Bailiff* filler filler filler
  • jd87 wrote: »
    Bailiff* filler filler filler

Thanks - tried to change the title, but it won't let me edit.
  • Then it has nothing to do with you, and they cannot take your things.

Just return the form marked 'Not known at this address'.

Just imagine how much you could sue them for if they did break in to your home and take your things?
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,467
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ring the court and advicse them and then write to both marstons and the court, remind marston of your previous conversation and advise that if they break into your house, you will sue them.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport