WOW Feedback Thread

edited 20 October 2011 at 9:38AM in MSE Labs
139 replies 2K views
Former_MSE_WebmasterFormer_MSE_Webmaster Former MSE
447 Posts
edited 20 October 2011 at 9:38AM in MSE Labs
Hi folks,

Thanks for volunteering.

Please leave your feedback for the WOW Factor test here. In addition to your views on the look and functionaility of the system (which will appear on several boards), if you could point out any bugs or glitches, it would be really helpful.

So we can easily read your feedback could you please use this format?

• Spotted a bug? Please describe it:
• Which Board were you on and what were you trying to do at the time?
• What browser (IE, FF, Chrome Safari etc) and which version are you using?
• Any other feedback?

Please be honest, we don't mind criticism but we'd appreciate it if you could keep your critiques positive.

PLEASE NOTE - This is a live test environment and we may come across bugs that force us to shut down the system while we fix them. Apologies in advance for any disruption this may cause.

The WOW Factor test is LIVE

Webby

Replies

• Official bump to get this at the top of the board so everyone's aware it's live (if you hadn't spotted already!) :D
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: [email protected]
  • squigssquigs Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Is this the first thread to get top marks in the new wow factor?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3559835
    N1LDA:D
  • AesopAesop Forumite
    23.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Have you changed the settings?

Now when I am reading the threads, after reading the one above about the WOW factor, everything seems a little stretched.

I am on

Googlechrome
    14.0.835.202 m
    windows

windows 7
  • AesopAesop Forumite
    23.8K Posts
    Also the colours for the WoW factor seem a little garish and I have power saving mode on my laptop, so it is a little dull the screen, and the colours hurt my eyes.

And same with this poster

Hmmm I dont like the new wow factor, too garish on my eyes.
  • Nice idea, thanks for making it userfriendly and the design is stylish :D I liked the color scheme too specially because I prefer to go by colors and images to figure out an offer is cold, warm or hot, than the text or numbers. I clicked on wow one a post and unwowed it, I clicked on the figures on wow on the opening page as well and a pop up explaining the wow factor came up. Didn't spot any glitches when I played with all these; actually they were instantaneous without the page jumping about or any other teething problems.

Just to add, my guess is there aren't as many feedback because no one knows where to spot the newly introduced wow. I had to click on the post after Andrea's post to find my way to the board where it is functional. But that's just me speculating.
  • Not techi feedback excatly but if it is ok to comment on the pop up which says 'not bad' 'getting better' and 'wOw'; may be the words like not bad and getting better could do with some changing and some oomph but then I like everything to be a bit expressive and dramatic :rotfl::o
  • Aesop wrote: »
    Also the colours for the WoW factor seem a little garish and I have power saving mode on my laptop, so it is a little dull the screen, and the colours hurt my eyes.

And same with this poster

not much point in having colours at all if they aren't meant to stand out? Seems pretty much like a weather map style to me where the hotter the bargain gets the brighter the colour.
  • twotimestwotimes Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I don't really like the bright colours, perhaps the WoW factor could be made smaller and less bright. It takes up quite a lot of room on the screen, forcing every thread title to be displayed over two or three lines, especially annoying for those of us who like to have our bookmarks displayed in a sidebar. This makes the thread titles harder to read.

This is just a personal opinion, but I don't think the WoW factor will make any difference to the way I use the MSE forums, so to me it seems a bit pointless having it, especially having it so "in your face". It all seems a bit like hotukdeals too, which I don't like, hence why I use MSE instead. Sorry if that is all a bit negative, but I want to be honest.
  • ShaneUKShaneUK Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I do like it, however, I have noticed that if you WOW (thank) a post, and then remove your thanks, it takes the WOW score lower than it was to start with. Is this supposed to happen, or is it a glitch?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3468399
    Start 266
    WOW 412
    UN WOW 263
  • AesopAesop Forumite
    23.8K Posts
    *Chattie* wrote: »
    not much point in having colours at all if they aren't meant to stand out? Seems pretty much like a weather map style to me where the hotter the bargain gets the brighter the colour.

I never said NOT to have colours. Said they were Garish and so did another poster.

Colours is A GOOD idea but better choice of colour maybe more helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides