We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Fitting solar on friday

Options
Hi
Having a 4kw solar pv fitted on friday with a power router inverta what should i look out for.

Thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ours is in about 2 weeks time and having now made the decision we are looking forward to it.

Ever time I see the sun shining I keep thinking how much is going to waste!:)

I'm interested also in the reply to the OP's question.

And a further question of my own - what paperwork should the installers be leaving behind?
  • ashtreej
    Options
    Yes we keep looking at the sun and saying i bet it goes by next week
    Thank you
  • mickyduck
    mickyduck Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    ashtreej wrote: »
    Yes we keep looking at the sun and saying i bet it goes by next week
    Thank you

It has already gone............... dismal production this week but still above average expected for Oct due to the excellent first 3 days generation.
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch + Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since
  • Lck_2
    Lck_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    mickyduck wrote: »
    It has already gone............... dismal production this week but still above average expected for Oct due to the excellent first 3 days generation.

What do you mean by dismal? Would you share some of your meter readings for info?
  • energysavingexp
    Options
    Hi my 4kwh system has generated the following this last few days

today 20th 5.72kwh
    19th 8.35kwh
    18th 5.52kwh
    17th 4.56kwh
    16th 5.28kwh
    15th 11.67kwh
    14th 4.60kwh
    13th 7.80kwh
    things to look out for is
    1 check your generation meter regulally this will tell you if there is a problem with the panels you will know on what kind of day what you should generate
    2 keep your paperwork in a safe place
    3 if you are about when they are fitting them make sure they dont break any slates or tiles.
    if they do make sure that they replace them and not just glue them back down
    my installer broke 12 tiles and replaced them with new ones as i was watching like a hawk.
    4 get used to using your appliences one at a time around midday
    5 enjoy your lower bills and the FIT payments
  • mardycow
    mardycow Posts: 120 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    4kw system IBC panels and sma being fitted next week. (fingers crossed) and the sun has gone on holiday, typical!!
  • mickyduck
    Options
    Lck wrote: »
    What do you mean by dismal? Would you share some of your meter readings for info?

Best day so far in Oct 17.57
    Worse day so far in Oct 4.01

Best day since install which was early July 27.75
    Worse day since install 2.14 IN AUGUST!
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch + Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since
  • hp4020
    hp4020 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been fully running for a week and my 4kw system has produced 75kwh.

We have had some beautiful clear days in the North East this week.
  • j2d
    j2d Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Had my Solar PV installed yesterday - and couldn't be happier with my choice

West facing roof in Essex

16 x 245W sunlink panels
    Aurora one inverter
    Energy monitor
    Both with a 10 year guarantee

All for £9750!!!

The installation went like a dream, a team of 5 turned up at 8am (1 doing the electrics, the rest on the roof)
    Real nice proffessional guys, very neat and tidy job, who were more than happy to do exactly what I wanted - even trimmed down my soil vents for me.

Swithched on 2:30ish and even on a West facing roof with a large oak tree giving plenty of shading (which is soon to be trimmed) it produced 6 units and peaked at 2.657Kw.

Paid the final payment over the phone, and recieved my MCS cert and invoice within half hour by email, which I sent off this morning

Got up this morning at 7:30 and it had already switched on, and is now producing just over 2Kw's. Got the washing machine and 1200 watts of electric underfloor heating on, and the meter outside isn't moving!!! Happy days

I really couldnt recommend this company enough, they are a large nationwide company with lots of experience, great customer service and most importantly great price!! They are also offering a limited deal on 16 x 250w Sharp panels for £10,995 at the moment.

Anyway, hopefully the pics below will work and you can see the install for yourself.

John
  • j2d
    j2d Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 22 October 2011 at 1:40PM
    Options
    Cheers

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate