hi my new system

Options
hi every one very new to this , this is the system i have just had installed
13 sunmodule sw245 mono solar world 245w black panels
1 power one 3000 inverter aurora photovolatic inverter
1 L&G e110 generation meter
1 eco-eye
i do not recall the pitch of the roof, i have removed my chimney and my heater flue from the roof and have no shadows whats so ever i believe we are s e east facing i have a window in my roof hence why i have
13 panels , we are happy so far with carbon legacy who did the work
they came out and noticed the shadow from my chimney and heater flue and explained what it did to the performance and what the solutions were
less panels or moving and taking the chimney down,opted latter.
they were not pushy and answered all my question to my satisfaction.
i hope this might help any body thinking of going for it as it is a bit of a mine field with all the different panels and inverters and any help and advice people offer i would appreciate
thank you

Comments

• mardycow
    mardycow Posts: 120 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Xwad wrote: »
    hi every one very new to this , this is the system i have just had installed
    13 sunmodule sw245 mono solar world 245w black panels
    1 power one 3000 inverter aurora photovolatic inverter
    1 L&G e110 generation meter
    1 eco-eye
    i do not recall the pitch of the roof, i have removed my chimney and my heater flue from the roof and have no shadows whats so ever i believe we are s e east facing i have a window in my roof hence why i have
    13 panels , we are happy so far with carbon legacy who did the work
    they came out and noticed the shadow from my chimney and heater flue and explained what it did to the performance and what the solutions were
    less panels or moving and taking the chimney down,opted latter.
    they were not pushy and answered all my question to my satisfaction.
    i hope this might help any body thinking of going for it as it is a bit of a mine field with all the different panels and inverters and any help and advice people offer i would appreciate
    thank you
    Hi, i had a quote from them and was seriously considering but my reservations are with the click fit system they use to secure the mounting, My roof is quite exposed so and concerned the next gale would take my roof and panels off to Kansas!:eek:,
  • Xwad
    Options
    I was troubled but they said it would have to take my roof of for them to off so let's hope it's stays there,I went up on the day and pulled and had a good look around at them, there is a good gap for the wind to blow through I noticed it's not like it's blanked of
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure