Retirement Present

Options
Hi All,

My dad is retiring tomorrow from the company he has worked for for over 25 years :eek: My sisters and I have clubbed together to buy him a photo printer, as he's hoping to get into photography, and will be starting a course quite soon.
I want to buy him a little something just from myself too, but don't really habe any ideas what to buy him. He doesn't really have any hobbies apart from reading and listening to music, and he has loads of books and CD's.
Does anyone have any ideas? Also - do you buy/make people cards when they retire? I really have no idea :confused:
Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Star
Comping Challenge
Win back your annual internet connection costs
Goal - £132

Won so far
Charles Worthington Dream Hair Kit £20
10 Sets of Football stamps £5
Ainsley Harriet Cookbook £20
Months supply of Copella juice £12
Another Cookbook - Not received it yet, so don't know what it is :confused

Comments

• play2day
    play2day Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    People generally recieve cards when they retire so it ma be nice to send one.

As for a small present how about a crossword or puzzle book?
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    When my dad retired I composed him a poem, funny rather than sloppy, all about how he could look forward to the next few decades and what he might do with them. I typed it out and decorated the border. He loved it.

If you have any talent in that direction maybe you could do something similar. Mine was 25 years ago, but with the availability of colour printers, a multitude of attractive fonts, laminators etc., you could make it look really special. It's personal and thoughtful but wouldn't cost more than a few pence.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    if it were me i would buy my dad a funny present like pipe and slippers !!!lol
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure