PV Feed in Tariff

Options
Help with MSc Thesis please……..

I am a mature student - 46 years old - and I am currently studying for MSc Architecture: Advanced Environmental and Energy Studies run through the Centre for Alternative Technology.

I have nearly concluded discussions with my tutor RE: Thesis and agreed that it will be related to incentives associated with micro-generation and more specifically the Feed in Tariff (FiT) introduced in April 2010. It was also agreed in order to keep the dissertation manageable I should focus in on one of the technologies and therefore photovoltaic (PV) was chosen.

The main hypothesis/suggestion is related to the amount of return on investment (ROI) small investors like me are gaining in the first year of installation – for example July 16th 2010 to July 15th 2011 = 3,511 kWh and an approximate return of £1,750/£15,500 = 11.3% (reduction required for whole life costs such as replacing the inverter ‘say’ every 10 years).

To ensure this study is factual and robust I am hoping to find likeminded people to supply me with their 12-month ROI (confidentially) to ensure I can build up an accurate primary data sample based on ‘actual’ generation details and installation cost and not just assumed cost of installation with forecast generation.
If you have a PV installation that is 12-months old or will be by the 31st March 2012 I would really appreciate your help with this study.
Information required:-

1. Size of system and installation cost
2. 12-months generation please

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ron Durrans
[EMAIL="rondurrans@aol.com"]rondurrans@aol.com[/EMAIL]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing