I'm looking to rid of toxins

Options
I'm looking to remove as much I can toxins from the products I use, both in the home and personally.

How would I go about doing this?

Paraben free seems to be the buzz words. Is that what I have to look out for?

Thank you for the help in this. I'm actually shocked at the level of ignorance I have over this. I actually don't know where to start.

Comments

• Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Options
    I think it depends on what you mean by toxins, as lots of natural products are toxic - mercury for example :) Mineral make up is usually paraben free.

I can recommend using lemon juice to get rid of limescale and stains on worktops. Bicarbonate of soda mixed with a little water makes a good oven cleaner. Don't just assume that buying something with an eco label means it is natural, or better for the environment - the latter is usually only marginally so.
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I note a lot of the things I have been looking at have an inflated price tag.

What drives me is purely health. I want to consume and apply to my body things that will not add to to already toxic world we live in. I'm thinking giving my body a fighting chance against cancers - that's my angle and reason to want to purify a little more.

I like that you suggest natural ingredients for cleaning. I have been finding a lot of tips in Oldstyle. I'm also trying to look into Lush products. On the surface they look fine but I can only go by what they tell me on their website. I need to look into that more.

I appreciate your feedback, thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure