CCJ Wage Demand

Hi guys,

New here, so please be patient.

I was given an earnings arrestment about 8 months ago, ( im glad to say it's now all paid off )

Council tax will always catch up with you! Im by god it did! Now i have a question....do i receive confirmation from anyone that my Council tax debt is now paid off or do I just stop paying?

One other question I have is - Does this have any impact on my credit rating?

Thanks for your time

Comments

• i'd check with the council and maybe ask for confirmation, doubt they will just send it out knowing the councils anyway. I'm sure CCJ does not apply in Scotland, not sure what the equivilant would be though, check with CAB.
  • Realbairn wrote: »
    i'd check with the council and maybe ask for confirmation, doubt they will just send it out knowing the councils anyway. I'm sure CCJ does not apply in Scotland, not sure what the equivilant would be though, check with CAB.

Check with CAB?

If it's an earnings arrestment does it mean it will put to harm my credit rating??
  • Not sure. Hence, check with Citizens advice bureau. its free to get advice. I know in England and Wales it doesn't as such, its only CCJ that would but not so sure in Scotland.
  • Hodgy09
    Hodgy09 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Realbairn wrote: »
    Not sure. Hence, check with Citizens advice bureau. its free to get advice. I know in England and Wales it doesn't as such, its only CCJ that would but not so sure in Scotland.

I wish i had the time lately to get to one of these places, but i dont.
    Does anyone have a more clear answer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport