Heating up baby food in belfast

Options
Hi

We are coming to belfast tomorrow for 2nights with our 20month old son - I was just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head any restaurants/cafes etc in the city, which are happy to eat up baby food or provide facilities for that kind of thing?
I know alot of places won't for health & hygiene reasons, cross contamination etc, so any advice would be great.

Many thanks

Comments

• catnia
    catnia Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Could you heat the food wherever you are staying (hotel/friends) and put it in a flask to keep warm before you go out to a restaurant/cafe? With it being baby food it obviously doesn't need to be piping hot.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't remember having any problems in Belfast. Places we've been to seem willing to provide a bowl of hot water, if they don't have facilities for heating food. I think it's more often the chains which have "no baby food" policies.
  • Visiondvd
    Options
    Anywhere here will provide you with hot water to heat food.
    We are a happy to please bunch, I be really suprised to hear of any place that will not help you.
  • JoMac_2
    Options
    Debenhams cafe has a microwave, and I've never had any restaurant here refuse to heat up our baby's food. Enjoy your stay!
  • CL
    CL Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went to Avoca cafe (sort of posh craft shop) and they were happy to heat my baby food. Debenhams cafe is also very baby friendly. I've never had anywhere refuse to heat baby food.
  • SaveMeTheMoney
    Options
    Nandos were happy to heat up a pot for my daughter!
    Norn Iron Member 383
  • XXJULESXX
    Options
    Many thanks for all your helpful replies. We had a great few days in Belfast and had no problems heating baby food sure enough.
    We're from Scotland and I know most places here are great, some places have microwaves for the job, others will offer hot water to heat up baby food, but only just last week in Edinburgh I was told I wouldn't be able to have his lunch heated up. So the Northern Ireland hospitality helped make our break that much easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure