PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stained cloths and tea towels

Options
My micro fibre cloths and tea towels are getting really dirty looking, even after a hot wash in the machine. Any tips for getting them like new again?

Comments

• Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put in a large glass bowl, add some bio washing powder and cover with boiling water. Then heat in microwave on full power for 4 minutes and leave soak. Wash as normal in next washing machine load and they come out sparkling.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • loren83
    loren83 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Thats another reason why I need to get a microwave!! I will try that one when I finally get one.

Thank you
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just soaked mine in a mix of washing powder and soda crystals in hot water for several hours, then washed in machine as normal and came up well, didn't microwave them.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    Options
    loren83 wrote:
    Thats another reason why I need to get a microwave!! I will try that one when I finally get one.

Thank you

You can put them in a saucepan of hot water on the hob. Works just as well. Also used to do this for DD socks when she was younger and they had grass stains on.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure