Nhs cashback blackcard

Options
june
june Posts: 73 Forumite
edited 20 September 2011 at 6:34PM in Shop but don't drop
Available for NHS employees for either £2.99 (using discount code) or £9.99.

Cash back off purchases in many online and high street stores including Argos, Debenhams, Boots, Top Shop, New Look, M & S, Miss Selfridges, Asda and Sainsbury's.

This is a pre-paid debit card (NOT a credit card) that can be used anywhere in the world where you see the MasterCard® Acceptance Mark.

Cashback paid once £25 has been "earned".

Minimum top up is £10, maximum £1,000. The first top up is required
when you register for the card. Costs 40p to top up less than £200, over £200 no charge. You can request an instant top up but will be charged £2.50. Can be topped up 24 hours a day.

Costs £10 to replace lost/stolen cards.

There is a referral offer for £10 for each friend who joins.

http://www.nhscashback.co.uk/black-gold-discountcard.php

I was thinking of using this for my regular weekly shopping and also extra Christmas shopping.

Has anybody any experience good or bad with this card?

Comments

• Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I work for the NHS but hadn't heard of this card till reading this thread. I'd also be interested if anyone has used it?

This question on the website sounds a little worrying to me though:
    What happens if my card is lost or stolen?
    You must notify us immediately if your card is lost of stolen. Please call 0845 051 2186 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0845 051 2186 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and select option 3 for lost and stolen cards. You should treat this card as cash in your wallet or purse. There is a £10 replacement charge unless you have a valid police crime reference number.
    Does the 'Treat this card as cash in your wallet or purse' bit mean that they won't transfer the credit from a stolen card to a new card?

One other thing that would concern me a little is that given you pay money up front onto the card, would you lose it if the company goes bust? If so I think I'd like to know rather more about it before committing to it.
    june wrote:
    I was thinking of using this for my regular weekly shopping and also extra Christmas shopping.

If you happen to do your weekly shop in Sainsbury's rather than ASDA then a reloadable Sainsbury's gift card from NHSDiscounts.com would actually save you more:

http://www.nhsdiscounts.com/Partners/S/sainsburys

I don't have one of these yet, but am considering getting one at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure