Options
13»

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 18 September 2011 at 10:03AM
    Options
    FWIW, Dunstonh, your way of putting things was in my opinion unnecessary and snide

Dh said exactly what needed to be said and was not snide in any way.
    no-one knows exactly what the circumstances were for that family at the time, and its perfectly feasible that the payment might not have been noticed - not everyone is as perfect as you seem to think you are.

Possibly it wasn't. However now that it has been pointed out you pay it back because it's the correct thing to do. I told the OP that but his/her reply made it quite clear that he/she would rather blame the DWP and avoid paying it back.
    Amazing the bravery of those who hide behind online monnikers and say things they would never dare to say face to face.

That seems to be you. You seem to make a habit of accusing people of so-called nastiness and pulling threads off topic with nothing much to add that's actually useful.
    And actually, the DWP are hopeless for the most part and certainly don't get much right the first time in my experience.

Not my experience.
    Maybe you should try to be a little pleasanter to people - costs nothing. Anyway, hope you get what you wish for others.

Smacks of double standards. Pot, kettle and black come to mind.
  • Goldenyears
    Options
    And actually, the DWP are hopeless for the most part and certainly don't get much right the first time in my experience.

These overpayments and the letters must be quite normal. I got one as executor when my mother died last year. If you mean 3 months delay is not getting it "right first time" - possibly. It was two months in my mother's case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure