Fraud/debt collection agency

Options
Hi everyone,
I need a bit of help and advice, my fiancee is the victim of i.d. theft and fraund, basically a neighbour stole her bank details and some bills( from a communal letterbox) and used them to set up a talk talk account and go shopping online.
I spoke to talk talks' fraud dept who told me not to worry they would sort it out, a few days later i started getting calls from a debt collection agency threatening us with court action if we didnt pay the bill, I get texts every day now plus phone calls is this harrassment? they said no when I brought up the frequency of the calls (that's the first bit I need help with).
I also contacted the police who said there wasn,t enough evidence to approach the woman we think is responsible, talk talk gave us some numbers that had been called, one was this womans mother, how can I get the police to do their job and help.
Any advice would be gratefully received, thankyou for reading the essay.

Comments

• abouttimetoo
    Options
    Hi Jason273000

I'm afraid I'm not going to be of much help but I didn't want to read and run.

Unfortunately, you have posted on the wrong board. I would suggest that you post again either on the Debt Free Wannabe board or the budget and bak accounts board.

I know you have said it is not truly your fiancee's debt but I think the debt board will be able to give some advice to stop you being contacted, how do the debt colllection agency have your phone numbers? I have seen other posters gain advice when collection agencies are chasing the wrong person

The bank account board might be able to offer advice regarding the fraud aspect. Does your fiance have any products, bank accounts etc that have the secure ID protection service.

Good luck
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family