PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What can I do with out of date Peppermint tea bags?

Options
just found a box at the back of my cupboard - nearly 2 years out of date! :o

Before I throw them out, just wondered if there was anything I could use them for - in the garden/allotment or a home made beauty treatment?

Thanks!
:heart2: Cookiepops :heart2:

Comments

• xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    You can drink them - I did once before... didnt realise I was drinking out of date ones at first. Then i did, bought a new box and they both tasted exactly the same... Mine were in a foil pouch, im not sure if that makes a difference... I wouldnt think so however, as it had been opened for a while before they were expired. :D

x
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • MrsCrafty
    MrsCrafty Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Options
    They don't go off, just might lose a bit of flavour. Use 2 in one cup and drink them.
  • SpikyHedgehog
    Options
    If you really don't want to use them, or have several other boxes in date ;-) you can put them on the compost heap, add them to a bath for a minty bath, use them as eye pads when relaxing with a face mask (put a couple in a cup, add a little boiling water as though making strong tea then leave to cool...). I should think they'd make a nice final rinse for hair too?
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #37 - waterproof wearing cage customiser, chief of cable ties and duct tape

It's me, DS1 (24), DS2 (16), and the lurcher.
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    Options
    put them on your plants
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • MaggieBaking
    Options
    I would drink them, but I did see on the TV yesterday a treatment that was peppermint tea bags, cocoa powder, sugar and olive oil all mixed together to create a great smelling body scrub.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd drink them, but leave them to infuse longer than usual, as they may lose a bit of flavour.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure