Mother's Day

Options

Comments

• prophecy_grrl
    Options
    Miss Kitty Fantastico - I would try googling for cheap suppliers, bear in mind you have oodles of time till mothers day so can be choosy.

BTW - high five for the Buffy-themed usertag - I'm lovin' it! :wave:
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • lightisfading
    Options
    My local woolworths had a nice 'tea for one' set reduced (christmas stock) to about £2, woulda bought it myself but it had breakables and the only tea drinker i know is at the other end of the country :D

(in with the christmas gift sets, eating themed ones!)
  • shirleytch
    Options
    I am fairly certain that Tesco have an offer on right now on Twinings fruit flavoured teas.
  • thanks everyone - tips are all great

prophecy girl - i also have a kitten called Miss Kitty Fantastico (couldnt think of another buffy reference so i called the other one Chairman Meow - lol)

Nic x
  • Miss_Kitty_Fantastico
    Options
    Just finished my 2 mothers day baskets and they look fab

For my mum i ended up with teapot and cup and saucer set (decorated with lavender - £1.50 Superdrug) with posh tea bags and biscuits.

For my OH's Mum i ended up with photo frame, candle, bath foam, shower gel, body lotion and soap (all matching and from superdrug's sale at £4)

They look so fab i am definately inspired to continue with birthdays, fathers day etc.

I cant believe how professional they look in the basket and cellophane etc from ebay.

Thanks for all the inspiration.

Nic xx
  • kit34
    kit34 Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    just thought id share , ive done my mum and mil a lovely botanics hamper each ( boots special bargains ) added a fan in my mums cos she has hot flushes lol and a box of chocs , i thought the cellophane to gift wrap was very expensive so i got a couple of net curtain off cuts for 50p each and used that to finish off my baskets with a hand made calligraphy label that says mums pamper basket , am still looking for a couple of cheap mini bottles of wine thou so if any one can help that would be great :)
    i love this site
    my name is Kit and im addicted to competitions , the what if is my driving force :D !!

• scorpio_princess
    Options
    To the OP - would your mum like anything 'new age' like crystals or minerals? I think they can make lovely gifts - well my mum thought so when I bought her an amethyst cluster last mothers day! There's a few websites about selling crystals (if you don't have a shop locally) - but my favourite is https://www.crystalcrazy.co.uk

Hope this helps! :)
  • Miss_Kitty_Fantastico
    Options
    crystals are a great idea - thanks

i will look when i go late nite shopping tonight

Nic x
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    both my daughters 6 and 2 potted me up to little plants last year it was so sweet as they decorated the pots too
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • Miss-spent_2
    Options
    am still looking for a couple of cheap mini bottles of wine thou so if any one can help that would be great

Asda sell nice mini bottles of wine, which hold two glasses. They are minitures of well known brands
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure