Options
13»

Comments

• holly_hobby
    holly_hobby Posts: 5,363 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 September 2011 at 11:16AM
    Options
    The issue in your situation, is income and the remortgage of an unencumbered property.

Ipswich as already mentioned don't have the traditional minimum income requirement, appear to allow unencumbered properties, minimum BTL loan is 50k (although it is 25k (inc any existing mge) for domestic equity raising for debt consolodaton/cap raising).

The Mortgage Works - again as mentioned no min income, appear to accept unencumbered BTL remorgage business & have a min loan of 25k - you may want to give them a try.

Hope this helps

Holly
  • catieeb06
    Options
    Also worth noting if you do have minor adverse credit that Aldermore mortgages have recently removed their minimum income limit.

Used to be £25,000 and is now £0. 85% LTV max I do believe.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • GMS
    GMS Posts: 5,388 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aldermore will not accept adverse credit for Buy to Let products. The minimum income requirement being removed only applies to experienced landlords. 75% LTV max.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks again guys lots to look into, think i'll see a broker as it think its all a bit confusing to try do ourselves!!

I needed some honest advice and i definately got some!!
  • GMS
    Options
    You have a few issues here.

Minimum income for many is 25k as you know.
    Property valued at 40k will be below minimum valuation for many lenders
    You say you will rent to DSS. Not many lenders allow this.

A broker would definitely be worth a call for you. Could save you a whole load of searching and/or banging head against wall!!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yeah as i said i think we will see a broker, didnt know there was minimum lending what is this usually? also didnt know some providers didnt allow DSS either!?

majority of the market round here is Housing allowance either full or just top up, so there must be many that do allow it.

Thanks again though, its all a learning curve.
  • GMS
    Options
    The Mortgage Works have been mentioned in the thread. Their minimum valuation is 50k so a 40k property would not be suitable security for them.

DSS not allowed with them either

The income is your first hurdle, then the property value, then the DSS.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • gratefulforhelp_2
    Options
    I will be interested to know how this goes, brodie.
    Please do not confuse me with other gratefulsforhelp. x
  • Leon_W
    Leon_W Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2011 at 6:05PM
    Options
    You could have a look towards our Welsh friends at The Principality.

Minimum income is £20k and loan size is £25,001.

Do have a look through a broker though as sometimes they have a couple of exclusives available which you can't get direct. There are also a couple of features that can catch people out with their mortgages such as interest only with NO overpayment facility. It's worth having these pointed out to ensure you know what you are in for. I'm not sure what the current LTV limits are but they are usually on the low side so this point could now catch you out. Not easy this mortgage lark at the moment !

Generally on the whole though a lender I like dealing with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure