Real Life MMD: Should I accept this "bribe" to remove feedback ?

Options
Essentially bought an electronic testing item on amazon from an 3rd party seller. It was selling with a a discount showing at approx 50% off normal retail price (£100).

The item promptly arrived and works fine with all normal packaging, cables, case etc. When I checked the back however there was a blank space where the serial number should be.

I recently left feedback stating that after some google research I had reason to suspect the item to be fake. There was a number of positive feedback from customers but then I noticed one other stating that they suspected it to be fake too and that amazon had refunded them eventually.

Ive used the item and am happy with it and dont fancy having to deal with a refund claim process as I was happy with the price paid.

Today, I received an email from the seller which states
Hi,

we are really sorry that you are not satisfied our products. you can always return the product to us, and we will issue you full refund.

these is OEM unit, We ensure you the products works exactly the same , apart from the half price of the original one.

if you decide to keep the unit, we can issue you 15 pounds refund, will you be able to help us to remove the feedback please?

thanks very much

so, should i send it back, ignore it, or get the partial refund and remove the feedback ?

Should I take the bribe to cancel feedback ? 10 votes

Ignore communication and leave feedback as it is ?
50% 5 votes
Return Item for a full refund ?
20% 2 votes
Take "bribe" and remove feedback ?
30% 3 votes

Comments

• meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No you shouldn't imo, the feedack is essentially not for the seller but for prospective buyers - the seller should have no say in the feedback unless it was an unfair or scathing one. If you're honest, it would benefit the buyers. If you didn't, then it would put others in the same position as you have. To sell fake goods is an unforgivable mistake from the part of the seller.

as an aside I didn't know that amazon sellers had crooks; I thought all the crooks made ebay their home
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    I get the feeling English isn't the seller's first language, I noticed a few grammatical errors in there, but their meaning can be inferred.

I wouldn't remove the feedback either.
  • FattyBettyBoo
    Options
    Are you likely to want to sell it on after? If so, I'd send it back and get a 'real' one.

If not, and it does the job as expected, then keep it but leave the feedback as a warning to others.
    I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be
  • nutty_girl_2001
    Options
    Imagine if someone bought the item and a fault in the fake (probably 'shoddy') version caused that person harm - I'd flag it up with Amazon/trading standards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure