Music Centres in Leeds - September enrolment

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the 'Music' or 'local' thread but thought it best to put it as a music thread...

Last year I found my daughters old clarinet under the stairs and decided instead of putting it on ebay I did the thing I’ve always said I would do and decided to learn to play an instrument so last year I started clarinet lessons at one of Leeds Music Centres, it was the best thing I’ve done in ages and I will be enrolling again this year. I would not be able to afford private lessons but if your lucky enough to live in or near Leeds and your interested in learning an instrument then I would really recommend the Music Centres in Leeds. There are about 9 of them that are in the city and they use school buildings on Saturday mornings, all the teachers usually also work as tutors in schools so its part of the school/ Leeds city council service but anyone can go on a Saturday morning and have lessons or join a group. I go to the North Leeds Centre at Carr Manor High School and its fantastic. Its much cheaper than private lessons and there are special deals for families, under 18’s over 60’s and people on benefits

Some of these centres have been going for over 20 years and they have lessons in a massive range of instruments from ukulele to double bass. Prices start at £7 an hour (£3.50 half hour), and you can join a group, orchestra or band of all sorts of levels and abilities from £3 an hour (£1.50 half an hour). Compare this with private lessons, usually around £30 an hour!!

Enrolment is this Saturday but they are really good about letting you have a go before you decide and if you can’t make it you can go to the lessons on the following weeks and pay then, the details of where all the music centres are and what lessons they offer can be found on the Leeds schools Arts and Music Service Website which is called ArtForms or just search Leeds Music Centres

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure