Duracell "plus" AA batteries 18@£4.98 (merged threads)

Options
I bought 18 x AA duracell plus batteries for £4.98 today in Wandsworth B&Q.

Seems pretty good as last week i bought 20 for around a tenner from argos.

definately handy for all my son's toys.

seemed like a very good price.
mx

Comments

• Lindsaye_2
    Options
    I bought 20 for £4.98 in Tesco last night. Panasonic long life ones. Always look on the bottom shelf in supermarket!!
  • gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    Options
    Buy rechargeables. Not only will they pay for themselves very quickly, but you will be leaving less of a legacy of environmental destruction for your son to inherit!

And yes, I haven't seen any evidence that Duracells are any better than other brands of alkaline battery. They have to pay for all that TV advertising somehow.
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • dvdrobs
    dvdrobs Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    B & Q selling Duracell "plus" AA batteries £4.98 for a pack of 18.Seems a bargain for the battery user household like ours who never get round to recharging flat batteries. The Sunderland store has displays of them next to customer services office desk funnily they are next to a stand selling 4`s for nearly £4.00.
    something missing
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They now have them in the Havant B&Q, down one of the aisles, not by the tills. This was posted about a week ago but i couldn't find them then!
  • ELMER_RUSK
    Options
    gromituk wrote:
    Buy rechargeables. Not only will they pay for themselves very quickly, but you will be leaving less of a legacy of environmental destruction for your son to inherit!

And yes, I haven't seen any evidence that Duracells are any better than other brands of alkaline battery. They have to pay for all that TV advertising somehow.

you can recharge duracell or any other good quality alkaline battery at least 5 times..I have been doing it for years...
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    http://www.aria.co.uk/specials.asp?productid155601#1730

only allowed to buy 1 and with P&P starting at £2.99 only worth while if buying something else.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • VH
    VH Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    Got an MP3 player from Aria last week and forgot to order the batteries! Damn!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure