New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

CouponStar Printer [Solved]

edited 9 September 2011 at 3:06PM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
23 replies 12.4K views
isoliceisolice Forumite
44 posts
edited 9 September 2011 at 3:06PM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
This is for people having problems with the CouponStar Printer with errors such as;

"Setup can not create the following folder:"

I've finally managed to sort this error out.
Steps for Windows 7 installation (that worked for me)

1. Download CouponStar printer (couponprinterbis.exe)
  2. Disconnect from internet after it is downloaded
  3. Go to Start -> Control Panel
  4. System and Security -> Action Center
  5. Click 'Change User Account Control settings' (UAC for short)
  6. Move the slider down to 'Never notify'
  7. Click 'OK' -> 'YES'
  8. Ignore the warning about restarting
  9. Install CouponStar printer/ SuperSavvyMe printer
  10. Go back to UAC and put it back to Default
  11. Print coupons and enjoy savings :)
Download Windows 7 step-by-step guide URL="http://onlineltd.co.uk/vouchers/resolution.zip"]here[/URL

Steps for Windows XP installation (that worked for me)
  1. For windows XP;
  2. Download CouponStar printer (couponprinterbis.exe)
  3. Right-Click -> Properties
  4. Compatibility -> tick 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
  5. Choose 'Windows 98/Windows ME'
  6. Apply -> Ok
  7. Install CouponPrinter
  8. Enjoy Coupons

Steps for Mac Users

I haven't been able to recreate the 'Unsupported Printer' problem some of you are getting although I've had a lengthy discussion with CouponStar and they say if you use FireFox / GoogleChrome then this can sometimes produce the error. So please try again using Safari.

Isolice.
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - Ask me any technical questions I'm happy to help =]
Coupon Printer Trouble - PM me I'm happy to help.

Isolice.

Replies

• jweb2kjweb2k Forumite
    334 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    It took me ages to sort this problem out when I had it - but found an older CouponPrinter executable that works absolutely fine.
  • I did the same the first time round, but formatted my computer earlier this week and couldn't find the old executable.
    There was a lot of people with this problem, so hopefully this will help them out :D

Isolice.
    Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - Ask me any technical questions I'm happy to help =]

Isolice.
  • myrtleturtlemyrtleturtle Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    bumping you up :)
  • nadmajnadmaj Forumite
    360 posts
    my god............... thank you. i though it was my computer :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j i was pulling my hair and couldnt understand why it wasnt installing .thank uuuuuu:T:T:T:T:T:T

mind u ive not tried it yet but re read above post- ive got vista will above still work
  • Should do, I don't have Vista (it's pants! lol)
    Only tried it on windows xp and windows 7
    Someone on another forum said that the Windows XP tips worked for Windows Vista aswell so you could try that.

Isolice.

Isolice.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 9 September 2011 at 7:44PM
    sorryaboutmywifesorryaboutmywife Forumite
    790 posts
    edited 9 September 2011 at 7:44PM
    Thanks Isolice. Can confirm however same thing happens in Safari (it's my default browser). Will wade through Aesop's post, however I'm running Leopard not Snow Leopard.
    :starmod: DO IT NOW :starmod:
  • I new to this and have installed coupon printer but when it says your coupons will be printed nothing happens.... printer is on and has paper + ink. i have looked everywhere to try and find answers to this problem. Maybe its printer, its a kodak, new model.

To think of all the vouchers i cant print because of it :(

Anyone have any ideas please???
  • Sorry I haven't been able to reply everyone. My daughter is in hospital & trying to get her and my wife sorted and looked after.

Isolice.
  • I new to this and have installed coupon printer but when it says your coupons will be printed nothing happens.... printer is on and has paper + ink. i have looked everywhere to try and find answers to this problem. Maybe its printer, its a kodak, new model.

To think of all the vouchers i cant print because of it :(

Anyone have any ideas please???

Hi There,
    This is probably because it's not set as your default printer.
    If you go to start -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click your printer -> Set as Default

Or Start -> Control Panel -> Printers -> Right click your printer -> Set as Default

Isolice.
  • Thank Youuuu!!! :-D

Been trying to install this on windows 7 for days with no luck! Worked straight away with your instructions :)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support