PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Problem with my Plum Jam

Options
Hello

I have a problem with my homemade plum jam which seems to be too thick, what can I do? when I first put it in the jars it was not quite set enough, so the day after I put it back in the jam pan and boiled it again (using my jam therometer to check the temp).but now i find that it is too thick? Any suggestions on how to fix this! I used 900g plums to 900g sugar

Thanks for any advice! :)

Comments

• abaxas
    abaxas Posts: 4,141 Forumite
    Options
    Will still taste good!

My advice is to eat it.
  • tuttifruiti20
    Options
    Not really a lot you can do if you've over boiled it except remember for next time. I did same thing with my apple & plum jam too :( Still tastes fine, but it's a bit thicker than normal lol.
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's nothing you can do about it now. It will still be okay to eat though, just a bit bouncy.
    Val.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    you can dilute it with a little boiling water when you come to use it. Mix well in a pan and use immediately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure