'free' boiler??

Options
Hi. I seem to be the spokesperson for the whole road these days, but well.............

Okay, here we go. A neighbour had some 'cavity wall insulation' done a while back by 'Warm Front' and apparently the person who put it in said that if their boiler broke (which I think is an old one) then they'd be eligible for a free repair or new one. Well now the said boiler is not working (although it might just be the pilot light that's gone out, I suppose I'll have to go and check, lol). Anyway, say it has packed up. Are they entitled to a free repair or new one? I'm a bit sceptical but said I'd ask anyway. Especially as I look out of the window here in the North of England and it looks like the very depths of hell have opened up (totally !!!!ing it down with strong winds), so it looks like a long hard winter has already set in.

House owner is aged 72 and I presume is on a pension - no other workers in the house as the birds flew the nest many years ago. That's about all I know.

Comments

• ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Details here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Environmentandgreenerliving/Energyandwatersaving/Energygrants/DG_10018661 . There is certain eligibility criteria - namely that the person claims one of a few listed benefits. My grandparents all qualified on the scheme, and got new central heating systems fitted (where they didn't previously have them). Note the process isn't quick, in both cases it took about six months from registering to getting the system installed.
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If the boiler is broke but repairable then warm front may not doing anything as they dont repair boilers. There is certain criteria for people to get new boilers and even when they may fit the criteria sadly funding for that year may have been exhausted. Warm front take a considerable amount of time to even install new boilers too. Still worse asking nothing to loose
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure