PPi

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
7 replies 1.1K views
ladyanjladyanj Forumite
3 Posts
Hi All
Im not sure what way to go now, I have sent the questionaire the to financial company involved, received a letter say NO. I then wrote to the Jersey Financial Service and the Trading Standards. i received 2 letters from the JFS first was logging my complaint , second letter was NO and advised me if i wanted to continue the complaint i would need to get legal advise. Trading Standards however acted as a mediator putting my case to the company involved. Friday the 12 August, I received a letter from the company involved stating they were satisfied that they had followed the correct procedure (even though I only found out after i sent the questionaire that I had paid PPI )for selling this product.They also state on the letter that they value my custom and they will ensure that i would receive preferential rates on a new loan. Trading standards have now said case closed but i am really not happy with the decision can anybody give me some advise as it feels like living in JERSEY means we do not have any rights to claim back the missold PPI. Thanks Anj

Replies

• I would have thought from what you have said here that you have little option but to let it go to be totaly frank with you,
  • roonaldoroonaldo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you answered your own question in what you typed, which was to seek legal advice, court sounds like your only option, but you will need evidence.
  • I have all the evidence, the only thing would be its my word against theirs. I will check out the petty debt court this week and see if i stand a chance ,I suppose I could start the ball rolling over here. Trading standards say that if enough people claim the ppi back then these companies over here will need to do the same as the UK.
  • I only said its probably a lost cause as I dont know the particular rules that are in place in Jersey, but if you feel that your case is strong enough then try and get a letter from Trading Standards and also try contacting the FSA, FOS and the see if they can advise you on the legal side before you go through the Court channel.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the evidence

if you had evidence, then you wouldnt have the problem. What evidence do you have?
    the only thing would be its my word against theirs.

you said you have evidence. So, in that case how can it be their word against yours?
    I will check out the petty debt court this week and see if i stand a chance ,I suppose I could start the ball rolling over here.

And what evidence will you be providing to to the court. Remember that there is nothing at all wrong with having PPI. You need to show wrongdoing. If you cant show wrong doing then the court will not even consider yourcase.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottagemagpiecottage
    9.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=crazyguy;46444965try_contacting_the_FSA,_FOS_and_the_see_if_they_can_advise_you_on_the_legal_side_before_you_go_through_the_Court_channel.[/QUOTE]

They can't. They have no jurisdiction in Jersey and they are not legal advisers.
  • They can't. They have no jurisdiction in Jersey and they are not legal advisers.

I did say in my previous post I was not sure but as they had mentioned TS I pressumed the others could assist also,

By legal side , I actualy should have made it clearer that if there was a case to answer
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals