PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Advice on red colour run on best jeans :(

Options
I'm hoping that you lovely lot might be able to help me. My dad has washed his jeans & red dye from the insoles of his trainers has gone all over them :( Is there any way of getting it out? He washed them straight away again but it's not made a great deal of difference. Are them colour run sachets any good? Or do you know any old style way of getting it out?

Thanks
Our 1st baby is due 29th December 2007! :rudolf:
I'm hopeful that this get's me out of cooking Christmas dinner!

Baby Ruby arrived after 55 hours of labour & an emergency c section on Christmas Day at 14.41 weighing 6lb 6oz...And yes I did get out of cooking Christmas dinner!!:rotfl:

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Apart from the colour run remover there is no other way and they do work pretty well,
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The problem with jeans is anything strong enought to remove the stain with probably bleach out the denim.

My last resort stain remover ala these forums is to pin the item out on the line and leave, it is amazing what the action of sunlight and rain (preferably both) has on stains its like magic. The only thing is his jeans may well fade as well-maybe worth a shot though?

ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    we do have a colour run thread with loads of ideas

Ill merge this in later when you get some more input

Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• kaz47_2
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    Apart from the colour run remover there is no other way and they do work pretty well,

You could try
    • Soak in a solution of 1 quart warm water and 1 tablespoon white vinegar for 1 hour. Use white vinegar with care on cotton and linen.
    • Rinse well with water and allow to dry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure