Co-op in Glenrothes closing

torbrex
torbrex Posts: 71,340
Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
Forumite
The Co-op supermarket in the Kingdom Centre has finally had the plug pulled with the announcment last Friday that it will close at the end of September with the loss of 22 jobs.

They have already started to mark down some of the tinned goods and more lines are sure to follow.
I will be checking in there as often as I can to see what bargains can be had in the coming weeks.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,595
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What are they going to put i its place,
  • torbrex
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    What are they going to put i its place,
    Not known at the moment, Tesco has seemingly secured a site on North St and Sainsbury is in negotiation but for what site I dont know.
    The Co-op shop is an integral part of the centre but not big enough for a major chain without an extention.
  • torbrex
    Forumite
    All sorts of larder food is being reduced, some but over 50%

Also most of the electrical stuff has been reduced as well but they are shifting rapidly
  • Thanks for that op, I was up in the shopping centre today but I didn't go up as far as that. Hopefully it won't sit empty for too long.
    I love MSE freebies and comps. Thanks posters
  • torbrex
    Forumite
    The shop is looking very forelorn now with lots of empty shelves where stock has been reduced and sold, nothing is being re-stocked except fresh food, even the frozens have started to be marked down by half and I saw them at the fizzy drinks today as well with the labeling machine.
  • torbrex
    Forumite
    Still over a week to go till shop closes and there is hardly anything left except the fresh foods.
    As far as I could see, all frozen foods have gone and all tins & jars have been reduced, including the tea and coffee aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure