Moving house...help

Options
I would like to use a removal company for my move but it all seem to complicated.I have received a few quotes but they all seem to be wa to expensive for what i think it's worth.
The only reazonable quote i got is from a company called City-Removals but as i have not heard of them i am a bit reluctant to use them.Have searched the net for reviews or anythning about them but there is nothing except their website.
Has anyone used City-Removals or has heard of them?
Please help ..........................................

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't know anything about the company, but try this website. I got some quite acceptable quotes for my move.
    http://www.getamover.co.uk/
  • Moomum
    Moomum Posts: 958 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't heard of them but we got quotes from same website as above and used multi movers. They were fantastic, couldn't fault them and very reasonable price.
  • meerustar
    meerustar Posts: 8,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dyaloveme wrote: »
    I would like to use a removal company for my move but it all seem to complicated.I have received a few quotes but they all seem to be wa to expensive for what i think it's worth.
    The only reazonable quote i got is from a company called City-Removals but as i have not heard of them i am a bit reluctant to use them.Have searched the net for reviews or anythning about them but there is nothing except their website.
    Has anyone used City-Removals or has heard of them?
    Please help ..........................................

Hi dyalove me.

You have posted this on the wrong board and you may get better answers on this board if you try reposting there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=16

Don't worry though, all newbies make mistakes at times. ;)

WELCOME TO MSE :T
  • Scaredy_Cat_3
    Options
    meerustar wrote: »
    Hi dyalove me.

You have posted this on the wrong board and you may get better answers on this board if you try reposting there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=16

Don't worry though, all newbies make mistakes at times. ;)

WELCOME TO MSE :T

What a lovely post! And such a nice change from the people who seem to delight in yelling at newbies for posting in the wrong place. We all make mistakes and this is a lovely way to point it out without causing offence!

One thing I would say about movers though - if they do a block price for the full day rather than an hourly rate, it might be worth considering that. I remember a few years ago we tried to save money by going with the hourly rate, and ended up rushing and stressed. Would have been better (in our case) to have paid a little more up front and not stress so much - let's face it, moving house is stressful enough to start with!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport