PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Anyone watch Jamie Cooks Summer last night?

Options
I sky+ed it.

Thought I would print off the portable chilli recipe, looked on the web, it wasn't put up:(

Thought never mind I will print off the Levi Roots one anyway.

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/levi-roots-stylee-jerk-chicken-and-jalapeno-breads-recipe

Noticed at the bottom it featured the recipe book its susposed to be in, well I've got that book & its not.

Neither is this

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/amazing-indian-dosa-recipe

Or this

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/pancake-cake-recipe

Bit odd!!

Anyone got a link to the portable chillie recipe?

Comments

• rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    only saw a bit and was most aggreived that he cooekd brisket - now its going to get all fashionable and go up in price like belly pork, lamb shanks and ham hock!!
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • seabright
    seabright Posts: 639 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was thinking about watching, but then saw the stupid hat her was wearing in the promotional photo & it put me off, since he looked an eejit, IMHO.

Yes, that's a shallow, petty & childish reason for not watching, but sometimes I am a shallow, petty & childish person!
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    seabright wrote: »
    I was thinking about watching, but then saw the stupid hat her was wearing in the promotional photo & it put me off, since he looked an eejit, IMHO.

Yes, that's a shallow, petty & childish reason for not watching, but sometimes I am a shallow, petty & childish person!

ha ha - the reason i turned off was his annoying voice! Like his recipes, not a fan of him!
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    seabright wrote: »

Yeah, he hacks me right off too. It's the stupid posing with 'friends', why would he be hanging out with teenagers?
    And don't even get me started on Nigella flaming Lawson.... "I know what it's like when you're pushed for time and just need to find something quick and cheap to eat" :mad: Yeah right, you just go and get your tin of caviar out darling and snack on that until your rich husband comes home and takes you to Le Gavroche.

And breathe....

Back to the programme - I managed to watch it and that jerk chicken looked amazing. Nom nom nom. I think I might make some of that with some cheap chicken wings or something.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • MandyinEssex
    MandyinEssex Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 2 September 2011 at 12:43PM
    Options
    That chilli pancake recipe sounds way too hot and spicy for our English palates. I prefer something more traditional and mild for a pancake. I found some very nice free pancake recipe ideas on a website that tells you how to make pancakes and even gives you the classic chef recipe for the plain pancake batter with a list of 20 sweet and savoury recipe ideas.
    It's written by chef Davina Kensington and the address is something like pancake-recipe.weebly or something, found it on google, :-)

Just found it, it's pancake-recipe.weebly.com

I think you click on how to make pancakes and then there's the list of pancake recipes. My favourite recipe was Sirloin Steak, Rocket & Red Onion with Dijon mustard. that's much more yummy than chilli and won't give you indigestion if you hate anything spicy :-) enjoy
  • PinkTiger
    Options
    i thought i was the only one who cant stand jamie oliver!

but i like to watch nigella for the entertainment value, getting a black cab to waitrose for 1 bag of shopping, makes me laugh every time:rotfl:
    'there goes an old transexual, last seen heading south,
    her friends call her Bernie but her real name is Ralph'
    Felicia, Priscilla Queen of the Desert
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    It's a shame they're so annoying because some of their food is fantastic.

Although never let anyone convince you to play the Nigella drinking game and certainly not the Jamie Oliver game.
    Nigella is a shot each time she's provocative or suggestive and Jamie Oliver is two fingers of your drink each time he says lemon juice, sea salt, olive oil or a made up word... lethal. I'm surprised my liver survived.

Though his quick satay on 30 minute meals looked amazing, especially after the game.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • cooking-mama
    Options
    Was this just a "one off"?...I was hoping it was a new series.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure