How can I transfer my dad's mortgage into my name?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
1 reply 1.1K views
lisajk_2lisajk_2 Forumite
1 Post
My father is rubbish with money. He is 65 and is 4,000GBP in arrears with his mortgage and has received a letter RE repossession from his mortgage co. This is not the first time he's faced homelessness. The CAB have advised him to sell the house to the local council and rent it back from them. I want to pay his arrears and get the debt transferred to my name to stop this happening again. I am living in the UAE, he's in the UK. Please can someone advise what is the best way to go about this? Thanks


This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides