Worcester - Any suggestions for a family breakfast?

Options
JimmyTheWig
JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Hi,

We're going to be staying in the Travelodge in Worcester by the Cathedral. Two adults and 4 children (ages 7, 5, 3 and 1). None of the children eat much, but my wife and I do.

We were hoping for a Weatherspoons for breakfast (Thursday morning), but there doesn't seem to be one. Anyone got any suggestions that we should try? Something like BHS, Morrisons, etc, would suit.
Preferably somewhere cheaper than Little Chef and more filling than McDonalds!

[We're there for the morning / day if there's any other suggestions for what to do and where to go for lunch that would be good, but at least we've got the time to look while we're there. We don't want to be trawling the streets looking for a good breakfast.]

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For lunch, Cathedral Refectories are usually quite good!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    Thanks Sue. Hadn't thought of eating in the Cathedral. Would have expected it to be a bit expensive, actually, if they even had anywhere to eat. But will certainly have a look.

In terms of breakfast (though no-one seems to have _any_ suggestions!) we need somewhere that is either buffet or where you choose what items you want. I love a cooked breakfast but don't eat eggs, beans or tomatoes which means I'm stuck when it comes to set breakfasts.

And if there's a better board for this question then please move it...
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't move threads from this board, I think atm you'd have to email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com to ask for a move. Having said that, this one is probably as good as any other.

Cathedral refectories vary: Ely, for example, has both an up and a downmarket setting. I don't know about Worcester. If you were in Tewkesbury I know there's a Morrisons, I always stop there on my way to Coventry in preference to the M5 services!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    Thanks Sue. Will see what we find.
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    Update:

As it turned out the Travelodge where we stayed seemed to be the best for us.
    Two children eat free per paying adult, which worked out perfectly.
    And it was buffet. About £7 per adult, I think.

Food was very good. Staff didn't seem to want to be there, mind you, but we all coped!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure