Best solicitors in Aberdeenshire

Just about to put the house on the market. Does anyone have any recommendations about which solicitor to use?

Comments

• Beancounter
    Beancounter Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Depends on whereabouts in the Shire you are and what Solicitors are near by.

We have used Raeburn Christie and Peterkins offices in Inverurie in the past and had no problems.
  • Anderson Bain had cheapest estate agency commission (0.8%) when I sold last year.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,679
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You want someone local to your property. A solicitor in Aberdeen will be little use to someone in Banff. Speak to your friends and neighbours.

We are very happy with services provided by Alex Hutcheon @ Hutcheon Rattray.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • ptkloon
    ptkloon Posts: 185
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone sold in Aberdeen/shire recently? Any suggestions for solicitors/estate agents? I'm thinking about putting my house on the market soon. Are the prices in Aberdeen still holding fairly steady?
  • missile
    Forumite
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
  • ptkloon
    ptkloon Posts: 185
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    missile wrote: »

Thanks, think I read somewhere that this was due to a lot of high priced houses selling, pushing the average price up
  • bonar
    bonar Posts: 228
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ledingham chalmers are very good, in fact they have some property in my village for sale at the moment
  • missile
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2011 at 11:43PM
    ptkloon wrote: »
    Thanks, think I read somewhere that this was due to a lot of high priced houses selling, pushing the average price up

All the indicators I have seen for Aberfreeze indicate upward. If you look at sale prices for similar properties in your local area, you will get a more accurate picture of the value of your own property.

However this is not a good time to sell and I would suggest you should wait until spring.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport