Meat Wholesalers Craigavon

Hi all

Just working on trying to cut down our monthly grocery bill and thought of bulk buying meat to save going to butcher every weekend.

I have heard of Meat Merchant in Moira. Just afraid that I'd end up spending money on bulk and getting low quality meat from some place. Anybody any recommendations of anywhere?

Thanks
House

Comments

• Not strictly meat, but have you been to the Moypark factory shop in Craigavon? It's in the Seagoe industrial area, does discounted products
  • Hi, I have used meat merchants in Moira, along with my parents who think its great. I usually buy the whole chickens, large ones priced at £5.50, a box of chicken breast fillets, always a good decent size and priced at £20 i think. I bought chicken breast bites, proper chicken in them and a good size bag for £4.50. Anytime I am up it is always busy.
    My mum buys boxes of chicken goujons and sausages, sausages are eillots and lovely. They have a good selection of steaks/hams etc.
    I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
    - Frank A. Clark
  • GlynD
    GlynD Posts: 10,883 Forumite
    What about Chapman's Farm Shop at Derryhale, in front of what used to be Robb's filling station?
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    GlynD wrote: »
    What about Chapman's Farm Shop at Derryhale, in front of what used to be Robb's filling station?

It's really expensive for meat, I get my fruit and veg here though!

Your best getting chicken from Moypark shop, usually open 10 am until 2 I think, or head to Dungannon meats for red meat. The savings are fantastic!

Never heard of this place in Moira, but will go looking to check it out :money:
  • GlynD
    cathy2702 wrote: »
    It's really expensive for meat, I get my fruit and veg here though!

Your best getting chicken from Moypark shop, usually open 10 am until 2 I think, or head to Dungannon meats for red meat. The savings are fantastic!

Never heard of this place in Moira, but will go looking to check it out :money:

Where's the nearest Dungannon Meats outlet (if not in Dungannon).

The good thing about going to Moira would be the chance to visit McCartney's butchers and deli. Excellent produce.
  • HouseACA
    HouseACA Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good thinking about the Moy Park chicken- I'd forgotten about that. Think I'll try Meat Merchant for beef/pork etc and pick up some chicken from Moy Park. Will make a note of prices to see if MP's chicken is better value.

Yes, McCartneys in Moira is very good quality, but also very expensive. Perhaps with meat you get what you pay for.
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    GlynD wrote: »
    Where's the nearest Dungannon Meats outlet (if not in Dungannon).

The good thing about going to Moira would be the chance to visit McCartney's butchers and deli. Excellent produce.

I go to Dungannon lol don't know if they have another outlet. I usually go when I'm heading to Asda in cookstown, so it's worth the diesel costs for me. I bulk buy things so freeze a lot of it.

The only other butcher I use is Mallons in Portadown town centre, they've usually great offers
  • GlynD
    cathy2702 wrote: »
    I go to Dungannon lol don't know if they have another outlet. I usually go when I'm heading to Asda in cookstown, so it's worth the diesel costs for me. I bulk buy things so freeze a lot of it.

The only other butcher I use is Mallons in Portadown town centre, they've usually great offers

I don't think I'd bother driving to Dungannon for meat- never mind Cookstown lol. I agree that Mallons of Lurgan and Portadown are very good though, I often buy from them. Nice wee deli selection too.
  • CL
    CL Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I would definitely recommend Fintan O'Hagan's Butchers at the top of North Street in Lurgan for very good meat at an excellent price. He does 3 proper sized steaks for £5 and the meat is well aged and tender. I also checked out the hygiene rating he had and it was 5 out of 5.
  • hightara
    hightara Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    agree with CL about Fintys meat, excellent produce and great value for money !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure