Urgent help! Yes loans!

Options
xacesx
xacesx Posts: 83 Forumite
Hi All,

Need some urgent advice.
My husband and i are in a bit of a bind and long story short phoned Yes Loans last night, got the usual speal they wanted £70 odd for their trouble and to send out the paperwork and we set the payment date as monday as I told the lady we wanted to think about it. Was told we could phone up today or tomorro and make the payment.

Obviously have come to our senses overnight so husband phoned up earlier to cancel, got some little twerp ridiculing him on the phone and telling him he had to cancel in writing. When husband said "well it wont get to you buy monday" he said we can extend the payment til next week but i need to take your card details, which husband refused. He then hung up on husband, little ******.

So, luckily that bank account is an old empty one so we're going to cancel the debit card which I hope will scupper their plans to take the money. Obviously in the meantime I am going to send a letter by recorded del today and also I would like an email address for them if anyone has it to constantly hound them with cancellation emails thoroughout the day!

My main request is does anyone have any Trading Standards info I can put in the letter? Surely this behaviour from them is out of line and surely they cant treat people like this and get away with it? People go to them when they are desperate and in need of help and I think its disgusting that they draw you in and then abuse you when you realise what you are getting yourself into!

Any advice or help or email addresses ;) would be appreciated :D
:)Total Debt at LBM (12/11/14): £5620 :) £20 paid :)£5600 by Nov 2016 to go! :)
:p "Sealed Pot Challenge" member No. 1010 - Jar is growing! :p

Comments

• CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Check they haven't already taken the money from the old account.

Yes loans are very well known for this behaviour & there are loads f threads on here about them.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • xacesx
    xacesx Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah will be checking the bank when I get home. The card is now blocked so fingers crossed they havent already taken it.
    :)Total Debt at LBM (12/11/14): £5620 :) £20 paid :)£5600 by Nov 2016 to go! :)
    :p "Sealed Pot Challenge" member No. 1010 - Jar is growing! :p
  • Bravehearted_2
    Options
    Cancelling a card doesn't block the account.

They can still attempt to collect payment from that account.

You need to alert the bank to cancel the account.

Many people believe canceling the card stops the payment taken out - but it doesn't.
  • flutterby_lil
    flutterby_lil Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    Options
    lol, you agreed to it verbally didn't you?
  • paulmcerlean
    Options
    xacesx wrote: »
    Yeah will be checking the bank when I get home. The card is now blocked so fingers crossed they havent already taken it.

This wont stop them trying to take payment.
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How on Earth were you not aware of the Yes Loans scam after being on here for so long?

If the empty account has any kind of overdraft facility, the money will likely be taken so keep an eye on that account.
  • Bravehearted_2
    Options
    And with all the debt you already have, more subprime credit is never a good idea.
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lol, you agreed to it verbally didn't you?

Which means errrr! - nothing
    Space available for rent
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, these crooks will find some way of getting the money I bet.
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure